Tuesday, June 28, 2011

SOGOtP: Three Things for Wednesday

The last few days haven't seen me doing much. Maybe I'm still getting over the glut of cleaning the kitchen, but I blame procrastination, my job, and all my favorite fun activities taking place over the weekend. Ne'er-the-less, I did some late-night baking (because, really, baking in 85-degree heat sucks) tonight to send cookies to some friends, and while playing with my balls (OF DOUGH -- honestly, you people) I remembered one of the other ask.me suggestions. Pick three things. Get them done. Anything else is a bonus. Thus, on days when there are things that really, really need to be done, I pick three things to accomplish:

-Dishes. This is much less of a problem than it used to be. Since I did the kitchen rearrangement there are less dishes in the cupboards, thus we risk running out faster, thus we need to do the dishes more often. Completing the dishes, including putting them all away once they've dried, will be worth two points.
-One load of laundry. This means one large load of laundry, washed, dried, folded, and put away where it belongs. I'm specifically going to target areas of my room that need to be cleaned up the soonest. Completing this will be worth two points.
-Mailing off both packages I should have mailed off two weeks ago. Thankfully they're not super time-critical (it's not an ebay shipment or anything) but it would be a darn good idea to do so. If I mail them off through purchasing postage online, I even save a couple bucks! Due to the fact that I really should ahve taken care of this long ago, it's only worth one point.

Completing all three objectives, in full, earns me another three points! Anything above and beyond that earns one extra point per two objectives completed. No two-point laundry loads or anything.

... I really should sit down and write out the rules for points-earnings.

(Points total to date: 25)

No comments:

Post a Comment